Chamber notifies of festival road closures
Bluebonnet Festival is fast approaching, and the Burnet Chamber of Commerce would like to notify citizens and visitors of side street closures during the festival.
“The city will be putting up barricades and closing off the square the evening of Thursday, April 7,” chamber officials said in a news release.
Street closures are as follows:
- Main street – from Jackston Street to the alley behind the Herman Brown Public Library
- Jackson Street – from the square at Main street to the train depot
- Vandeveer Street – from Washington Street to League Street
- Washington Street – from Pierce Street to the alley behind the buildings between Main street and US 281
- Pierce Street – from League Street to the parkiing lot behind First State Bank (there will be no public parking in the parking lot behind First State Bank!)
The city parking lot at the corner of Jackson Street and Vandeveer Street and the library site on the corner of Jackson Street and south Pierce Street are inside the festival boundaries and will be closed for public parking.
These areas will remain closed from Friday, April 8 to Sunday, April 10. For more information, contact the chamber at firstname.lastname@example.org.