LCRA flood grant plan


Burnet County approves LCRA flood grant plan

Article Image Alt Text

Connie Swinney/Burnet Bulletin


By Lew K. Cohn

Managing Editor

Burnet Bulletin

Burnet County commissioners voted unanimously Tuesday, Nov. 27, on a plan to share with affected municipalities portions of a $100,000 donation from the Lower Colorado River Authority for cleanup from the October flood.

The plan approved by commissioners honors LCRA's request that at least 70 percent of the money be used for waterway cleanup. The remaining 30 percent will be used to pay for household hazardous waste removal ($20,000), refrigerant removal ($3,000) and monitoring ($7,000) at the county's Phillips Ranch road debris site, the latter a requirement of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).

Subscribe to RSS - LCRA flood grant plan